New Delhi: The Central Council of Direct Taxes (CBDT) issued refunds of more than Rs.115,917 crore to more than 98.90 lakh taxpayers from April 1, 2021 to November 8, 2021, the tax department tweeted. returned. Of the total, income tax refunds of Rs 36,000 crore were issued in 97 12,911 cases. Corporate tax refunds of Rs 79,917 crore were issued in 1,77,184 cases. This also includes refunds of 65.31 lakh in tax year (YY) 2021-22 amounting to 12,616.79 crore rupees, details provided by the income tax department showed. .Read also – Tax return: taxpayers can check their returns electronically in 6 different ways | Details here
Income tax return, ITR refund
- To check the income tax refund status, taxpayers should go to https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/oltas/refund-status-pan.html
- Income tax refunds are sent in two modes: RTGS and paper check.
- Taxpayers can view the refund status 10 days after their refund has been sent by the appraisal agent to the refund banker.
- The status of “refund paid” is also reflected in the “tax credit statements” in Form 26AS.
- Taxpayers must enter details such as permanent account number (PAN) and tax year.
Meanwhile, the Income Tax Department asked taxpayers to “beware of fraudulent communications.” “ITD never requests personal data by call, text or email to issue a refund. Never share banking, credit / debit card, CVV, password, or OTP information with anyone. The correct URL for the e-Filing portal is http: // Incometax.gov.in, ”Income Tax India tweeted. Read also – Income tax declaration: these 4 advantages that taxpayers must enjoy when filing their RTI | Details here
Also Read – Income Tax Department issues refunds for over 1 crore of taxpayers. Check the status here